Do you have any general questions on the training or the website?
1. How to join the E-learning surgical ultrasound training?
The program is managed by the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery and the University of Strasbourg. You have two choices, if you wish to validate your university diploma you are required to register with administration at the Strasbourg University. You can also pursue the training as a free listener: Details info
For more information, you may also contact our education service: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the year 2018-2019, you would need to pay:
• the registration fees as may be fixed by the ministerial decree: to be paid to the Faculty of Medicine in Strasbourg.
• the tuition fees: to be paid to the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery of Strasbourg:
– Initial training: 800€ (for residents), 1110€ (for the chief residents)
– Continuing training: 1600€ (paid by self), 2200€ (paid by employer)
3. Until when can I register for the training?
• Initial and continuing training: until 31st November 2018, based upon availability.
Maximum number of participant: 20.
• Open training: throughout the academic year.
4. Which professional profiles can access the training?
Level of access: Initial and continuing education:
- Final year medical students
- Chief residents
- Specialists working in public or private institutions
- Digestive surgeons
- Radiologists interested in a training course dedicated to the digestive sphere
- Internal medicine residents
- Intensive care and emergency physicians
Training delivered exclusively in English: sufficient level required.
1. How will training take place during the academic year?
Training is designed to provide an educational program in surgical untrasound, in short sequential steps using theory and practice. The program is organized over an academic year in 5 progressive learning modules, and an end of course placement including the final exam, which will take place at the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery in Strasbourg, France.
Each lesson is validated by an evaluation (Quiz).
Practical and clinical training are evaluated by the tutor during the one-week session at IHU Strasbourg.
We remind you that the practical and clinical trainings are required to complete the diploma.
2. How many hours are needed to able to validate the diploma?
The training is divided into 60 hours.
• Online theory online via the E-learning platform: 25 hours
• Clinical practice to be covered: 15 hours
• Hands-on practical sessions: 20 hours
3. What languages are used for the training?
The language used for the training is English.
1. How do I register for the first time on the E- learning platform?
• You will find the pre-registration form on the following link: www.master-surgical-ultrasound.eu
• CV and cover letter for the attention of the course director.
Selection: assigned on a first-come-first-served basis, provided that the candidate meets targeted audience criteria and that pre-registration is accepted.
To be able to access your login details, please ensure that you have provided your email address.
To be able to receive your results, you would need to provide us with your regular email address.
Before logging on for the first time, you will receive your login and a secure password.
We recommend you to change it as soon as possible.
2. What are the steps ?
To start your first course, go to the “course” menu at the top of your screen.
On this page you can see all available courses. The first module is “Physics principles”.
All you need to do is click on the button “Starting this course”. This will register you as a student actively following this course. You will also be able to view your progression in the progress bar below the title and image.
3. How will I be graded on the E-learning platform?
You will need to pass a quiz for each of the lessons in order to access the next lesson.
The courses and quizzes are to be carried out in the order stipulated on the website; you cannot proceed to the second lesson without having validated the first one.
Each lesson is presented in the form of an introduction, a video and a quiz to be validated.
Quizzes are automatically corrected and validated in real time on the website.
You will need a score of at least 75% to validate your quiz before moving on.
The content is updated at regular intervals, we advise you to avoid delays in the learning progression of your training program.
You will be able to replay the video, and reset or save your quiz, as many time as you wish.
4. How can I check my improvement?
You can check your improvement at any time, all you have to do is go to the top menu and click on ”my lessons”.
There are two tabs: one allows you to check your active lessons and your improvement (red bar in %), the other indicates the courses completed.
When a module is fully completed, you will be able to view your scores for each lesson.
Note : You will also be notified by e-mail. Once the quiz for the lesson has been completed, you will receive your score via e-mail.
We recommend that you keep your e-mail results in a personal file.
1. What is the community?
We wanted to provide a simple and self-explanatory learning system so as to help you follow your training at your own pace. You will be able to login on a 7-days basis at any time. Our objective is also to create training with different professional health care profiles. This is why with this social network, you will be able to…
• edit your profile,
• be in contact with other students,
• comment on a lesson…
A number of features are proposed. To find this information, you will just need to click on the top bar (black bar) or via the menu on the top menu in “my profile”.
2. I do not wish to participate in the community, how do I to proceed?
You are free not to participate in the community ; you may exit the group at any moment. In this way, your activities will not be visible on your activity wall. However, the general information on your profile cannot be masked.
We remind you that only those logged in can have access to the profile of a participant.
You have questions concerning the courses?
You can go to the course page and submit your questions directly online to the Chief Editors or you can contact the expert for each specific course on the pages with the lessons.
As long as you are a member of the “Student” group, your activity on the site will be visible to the other group members.
You will only have access to the contents of this discussion if you are a group member; in this way the information provided remains private.